- Welcome Note
- Student Membership
- Secondary School Nomination
- Self Nomination for Secondary Students
- Requirements of student membership for secondary students
- Primary School Nomination
- Self Nomination for Primary Students
- Requirements of student membership for primary students
- Learning Opportunities
- Programme Application Result
- Student Development and Support Services
- Overseas Programmes
- Advanced Learning Experiences
- Other Activities - not organised by the HKAGE
- Student Conference
- Student Voice
- * Important Information
- Update of Personal Particulars and Learning records
- Student Showcase
- Alumni Zone
Secondary School Nomination 2014-2015
The admission results of Secondary School Nomination 2014-15 have been sent to the School Coordinator by post on 21 May 2015.
Orientation ceremony for the new student members and their parents will be held on 14 July 2015 (Tuesday).
The HKAGE invites secondary school principals, teachers, school social workers and school educational psychologists to nominate their gifted students with outstanding performance or great potential in Humanities, Leadership, Mathematics or Sciences to join the HKAGE.
School Nomination 2014-15 starts from 9:00 a.m., 28 November 2014 and ends at 5:00 p.m., 26 January 2015.
Online Nomination Platform
The Online Platform will be available from 9:00 a.m., 28 November 2014 to help you in the nomination process. It can be accessed at http://nomination.hkage.org.hk The benefits are as follows:
EASY TO USE:
- Easy access to information by schools and HKAGE authorized persons
- It takes only a few steps to complete the forms
- The HKAGE will demonstrate the process at the briefing sessions and a user manual can be downloaded from the Platform or the HKAGE website
- Schools can track the data submission process online
- There is electronic notification of nomination status and related reminders
- The level of data accuracy and protection is enhanced
TOGETHER WE CAN HELP THE ENVIRONMENT:
- It reduces the use of paper
Please refer to the School Nomination invitation letter for the username and password assigned to your school coordinator. Please complete the online nomination and return the Submission Checklist with supporting documents before the nomination deadline at 5:00 p.m., 26 January 2015.
Details and documents have been sent to all secondary schools (including government schools, aided schools, schools under DSS and ESF, non-profit making private schools and international schools) in November 2014. Related documents are downloadable at the links below:
- Letter from Executive Director, Prof NG Tai Kai
- Submission Checklist
- Timeline for Secondary School Nomination
- Overview of the Online Nomination Procedures
Online Nomination Platform User Manual
Coordinator (Text format/ Video format)
Nominating Officer (Text format/ Video format)
Student Nominee (Text format/ Video format)
Parent (Text format/ Video format)
Professional (Text format/ Video format)
- Identification tools available at EDB website
- School Nomination FAQ
- Student Programmes and Services Division Pamphlet
Briefing session will be held for school principals, teacher representatives, school social workers and school educational psychologists to familiarise them with the School Nomination arrangements. The session will cover the following topics:
- Identification and selection of the gifted
- Learning opportunities at the HKAGE
- Overview of School Nomination
- Demonstration of Online Nomination Platform
Please click rundown for details of the briefing session.
|Date and Time||Venue||Language||Registration||Registration Deadline|
28 November 2014 (Friday)
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Room 105, The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education,
Sha Kok Estate, Shatin, N.T.
27 November 2014
Please click here for the Briefing Session PowerPoint.
Selection Tests and Interviews
The Selection Tests for nominees in Humanities, Mathematics and Sciences domains have been scheduled on 7 March 2015 (Saturday) within the time frame from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Interviews for nominees in Leadership domain will be held from March to April 2015.
Coordinators of the School Nomination will be informed in writing of the test and interview schedule for their student nominees around early February 2015.
Admission Results Announcement
Coordinators of the School Nomination will be informed in writing of the names of the admitted students in end May 2015. Individual students will receive the Admission Letter from school.
Student and Parent Orientation
An orientation ceremony will be held as a warm welcome to the new student members and their parents with the following details.
|Date and Time||Venue||Online Application||Registration Deadline|
14 July 2015 (Tuesday)
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or
Diocesan Girls' School, 1 Jordan Road, Kowloon
3 July 2015
Please click here for the Student and Parent Orientation Presentation PowerPoint.