- Welcome Note
- Student Membership
- Secondary School Nomination
- Self Nomination for Secondary Students
- Requirements of student membership for secondary students
- Primary School Nomination
- Self Nomination for Primary Students
- Requirements of student membership for primary students
- Learning Opportunities
- Programme Application Result
- Student Development and Support Services
- Overseas Programmes
- Advanced Learning Experiences
- Recommended Activities (not organised by the HKAGE)
- Student Conference
- Student Voice
- * Important Information
- Update of Personal Particulars and Learning records
- Alumni Zone
Primary School Nomination 2016/17
Nomination period from 30 September to 31 October 2016
The HKAGE invites primary school principals, teachers, school social workers and school educational psychologists to nominate their gifted students to join the HKAGE.
Each Primary school can nominate up to SIX gifted students from Primary 4 to 6 who display outstanding performance or great potential in the following domains. Schools are recommended to nominate up to three students for each domain.
|Domains||Key Learning Areas|
|Languages and Humanities||
Chinese Language, English Language
Humanities (Personal, Social and Humanities Education)
|Mathematics and Sciences||
Please click here for more information of the primary programmes.
All nominations must be made using the Online Platform available from 9:00 a.m., 30 September 2016 (Friday). The nomination deadline is at 5:00 p.m., 31 October 2016 (Monday).
Online Nomination Platform
The Online Nomination Platform is used in the nomination process. It can be accessed at http://nomination.hkage.org.hk. The benefits are as follows:
EASY TO USE
- Easy access to information by schools and HKAGE authorized persons
- It takes only a few steps to complete the forms
- The HKAGE will demonstrate the process at the briefing sessions and a user manual can be downloaded from the Platform or the HKAGE website
- Schools and parents can track the data submission process online
- There is electronic notification of nomination status and related reminders
- The level of data accuracy and protection is enhanced
- It reduces the use of paper
Please refer to the Primary School Nomination invitation letter for the username and password assigned to your school Nominating Officer. Please complete the online nomination and return the Submission Checklist with supporting documents before the nomination deadline at 5:00 p.m., 31 October 2016 (Monday) by hand or by post to the HKAGE (for postal submission, date of the stamp chop will be used as the submission date).
Details and documents have been sent to the primary schools on our invitation list in late August 2016. Related documents are downloadable at the links below:
- Letter from Executive Director
- Submission Checklist
- Timeline for Primary School Nomination
- Overview of the Online Nomination Procedures
- Primary School Nomination Information to Parents
Other related documents are available at
Online Nomination Platform User Manual
Nominating Officer (Text Format / Video Format)
Student Nominee and Parent/Legal Guardian (Text Format / Video Format)
- Identification tools available at EDB website
- Academic Programme Development Division Pamphlet
- Primary School Nomination FAQ
Briefing session will be held on 30 September 2016 (Friday) for the school principals, school representatives and parents of the gifted students.
The session will cover the following topics:
- Identification and selection of the gifted
- Learning opportunities at the HKAGE
- Overview of Primary School Nomination and other nomination arrangements
- Demonstration of the Online Nomination Platform
Please click rundown for details of the briefing session.
Please register via the online platform before the deadline.
|Date and Time||Venue||Language||Registration||Registration Deadline|
30 September 2016
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Room 105, The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education, Sha Kok Estate, Shatin, N.T.||Cantonese||
* Places are limited on a first-come-first-served basis
29 September 2016
For English-speaking school representatives and parents, please contact us for further arrangement.
Please click here for the Briefing Session PowerPoint.
To allow more potential gifted students to benefit from our programmes, a new screening arrangement will be implemented this year. Student nominees shortlisted will become our preliminary student members who are eligible to participate in designated programmes. In order to obtain full membership, students are required to meet the programme completion requirements within the specified timeframe. For details, please visit the HKAGE website at http://www.hkage.org.hk/en/students/student-membership.
Admission Results Announcement
Nominating Officers of the School Nomination will be informed in writing of the names of the admitted students in late January 2017. Individual students will each receive the Admission Letter through their school.
Student and Parent Orientation
An orientation ceremony will be held as a warm welcome to the new student members and their parents in February 2017. Online application will be available closer to the time.
For enquiries, please contact us at 3940 0102.