- Welcome Note
- Student Membership
- Secondary School Nomination
- Self Nomination for Secondary Students
- Requirements of student membership for secondary students
- Primary School Nomination
- Self Nomination for Primary Students
- Requirements of student membership for primary students
- Learning Opportunities
- Programme Application Result
- Student Development and Support Services
- Overseas Programmes
- Advanced Learning Experiences
- Other Activities - not organised by the HKAGE
- Student Conference
- Student Voice
- * Important Information
- Update of Personal Particulars and Learning records
- Alumni Zone
THE 3rd HKAGE STUDENT BIENNIAL CONFERENCE
Utilise Your Giftedness for a Better Future
The 2nd HKAGE Student Biennial Conference was held successfully on 31 Oct 2015.
The HKAGE will hold the 3rd Student Biennial Conference in the Winter of 2017. The Conference aims to:
- showcase their study projects to demonstrate their learning achievements;
- facilitate intellectual exchange among students; and
- inspire students to further develop their study projects through exchanging ideas with renowned academics in the field.
|Phase I : Call for Study Projects|
|14 October 2016 (Fri) - 15 December 2016 (Thur)||Application and submission of proposals through the HKAGE Online Application Platform|
|15 December 2016 (Thur)||Deadline for application and proposal submission|
|24 February 2017 (Fri)||Notification of acceptance of proposals with feedback from the Panel of Adjudicators|
|15 May 2017 (Mon)||Deadline for final paper submission|
|7 July 2017 (Fri)||Notification of the mode of presentation (oral presentation / poster presentation) at the Student Conference|
|3 August 2017 (Thur)||Deadline for poster presentation materials submission / oral presentation rehearsal|
|Phase II : Attending the Conference|
|To be announced||Online Application Platform opens for Conference registration|
|To be announced||Deadline for online application|
|November 2017||The 3rd HKAGE Student Biennial Conference|
All secondary school students are encouraged to submit their Study Project Proposals in one of the following fields and do the online application on a school or a student basis. Students are welcome to submit their proposals on an individual basis or as a group.
Students are encouraged to identify recent/future problems or situations locally / nationally / globally, then apply relevant knowledge, problem solving, creative and critical thinking skills to analyse them, and provide appropriate solutions to solve them, bringing positive impacts to the society / the world.
The submitted proposals could be new study projects or projects in connection with students’ learning experience at or outside school. Study projects that have been released in any journal, newspaper, website, magazine, etc., or have been submitted and awarded in any competition are also welcome. The selected papers will be presented at the Conference through either oral or poster presentation.
The templates and submission instructions are available at below links.
Study Project Submission Instructions:
1. The Online Application Platform (Application Deadline: 15 December 2016)
(b) For student-based application
Fields of Study Projects:
|Mathematics and Sciences||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Technology, Engineering|
|Languages and Humanities||Creative Writing, Literature, Liberal Studies, Integrated Humanities|
|Venue:||The Hong Kong Academy for Gifted Education, Sha Kok Estate, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong|
|Language:||Cantonese / English|
|Target:||All secondary school students|
|Registration Fee:||No registration fee required|
Online Application Only
Students who demonstrate outstanding performance in study projects will be admitted as HKAGE student members through the “Nurturing the Gifted Scheme”.
Last updated on 14 October 2016